Welcome to the St John's blog...

... a blog for the childen, parents, friends and teachers of St John's to share and enjoy one another's work and experiences.

Friday 5 March 2010

A story by Lucy H...PART 2

At the dinner table Lola was silent. She and her mum sat quietly looking down at their plates. Lola, boredom taking the better of her, looked up at her mothers face. She hadn't done this properly for a long time now and saw that this lady looked much more tired and old than than the lady in her picture upstairs.
"Mum, er well my teacher set me this really hard homework and it's due for tomorrow."
" .......Lola, you know that I have had a hard week and I need a rest at the moment. I'm afraid that I can't help you with your homework now," Lola's mother groaned in a croakey voice. Lola had picked up all that courage to ask her and her mother hadn't even cared. She'd have to explain to Miss Harnold that the homework was to hard and she wasn't good enough for a place in the top group. Yes, that would have to happen tomorrow.